The retail sector has witnessed a drastic evolution in a short span of time with its movement to online platforms. It’s almost like an eCommerce explosion where the industry has mapped a steep rise in sales and is expected to grow by 276.9% globally as per the cumulative data from past years. While changes do not always do well with the customers, surprisingly, people are embracing & appreciating the eCommerce evolution. And as COVID-19 has forced people to stay inside homes, their consumption of the latest technology for shopping, working from home, etc. has increased even more. From PWAs to IoT devices, they are looking forward to brands providing great user customer experience.
Retailers adapting to the new technology shifts have already made way to success by providing customers with unique features like in-store interfaces, voice assistants, smart product review & order management, etc. Well, we understand that not every brand has the budget like Amazon or Apple to build its own IoT device. Nonetheless, you can build unique experiences for your customers by unleashing the power of Headless eCommerce. Scroll down to dive deep into the world of headless eCommerce.
What is Headless eCommerce?
Headless eCommerce is a breakthrough in the industry that has separated the seemingly inseparable backend & frontend. The website development traditional practices required a front-end theme or template design to which functionalities were added from the backend. But headless eCommerce has eliminated the need of a front-end for storage, management & delivery of data.
The management of product, categories, product reviews and posts on webpages can simply be done with the help of APIs. A landmark in the age of IoT, it delivers your eCommerce platform via RESTful API consisting of cloud-based infrastructure and a backend data model.
The Working of Headless eCommerce
A headless eCommerce platform functions by communicating the commands between application and presentation layer. For instance, if your customer clicks the Add To Cart button on their screen, the presentation layer of your headless eCommerce platform processes the request by sending the application layer an API call. This further generates an API call for application layer so that the customer can view their order status.
Benefits of Headless eCommerce
When compared to the traditional eCommerce platforms, headless eCommerce has multiple benefits. It separates the frontend from the backend, reducing complexity and providing more flexibility to developers to cater to specific requirements. Let’s have a look at all its benefits:
- Customization: It offers a high degree of customization to developers for creating personalized & unique experiences that sit well with your brand voice, and customer requirements. You do not limit yourself to pre-designed templates that are used by thousands of other brands.
- Easy to Port: It reduces your dependence on massive yet restricted infrastructures by offering easy portability of data, backends & data structures. You stay constructive with your frontend.
- Flexibility in Frontend: Since there is no front-end, the developers get great flexibility in modifying backend databases as that can simply be changed by changing the API call.
- Adaptability: It easily adapts to big & small changes. From adding customer accounts to new fields, everything’s quite easy to implement in a headless commerce architecture.
- Powerful Website: It is one of the most advanced technologies that can empower your website with high functionalities and lightning fast speed.
- Ownership: You have the complete ownership of your website architecture. You will be creating your website from scratch, and can tailor-make it to suit your business.
- Marketing Efforts: You can play around & implement unique marketing strategies without even hurting any of the backend processes.
HIRE PROFESSIONAL HEADLESS ECOMMERCE DEVELOPERS
Are you still running your eCommerce business with old themes & layouts available at disposal, and struggling with outdated features & a slow loading website? This could be one of the major obstacles on your way to success. Now, it’s upon you to either be left behind or adapt to the change and improve your profits by many folds. Unleash the power of Headless eCommerce & boost your ROI by creating an unmatched user experience.
We completely understand your reason to hesitate from such changes. It can take up a lot of time & divert your focus from core activities. We at Tech9logy Creators, a leading eCommerce Website Development Services company have a team of techies that can make your migration or creation of a new eCommerce platform a simple process. Contact us for more details.